Skip to main content

I am 18 now and it feels weird

 

I hate my birthday. There. I said it. I hate hate hate it.

I think it’s the fast passing of time that really bothers me. I don’t feel like I am 18, I don’t feel as if I am an adult. I don’t even really want to be an adult, if I am completely honest.

The day of my birthday was so strange. My parents don’t really have much time, so I sat by myself in my room (quarantine style) with a cake I had baked for myself the night before and cried my eyes out. I didn’t even know why exactly. A mixture of nostalgia, feeling utterly alone and feeling like I did not accomplish anything in the 18 years that I was on this planet.

I made a playlist, especially for my birthday the night before, and so I sat there and cried and cried. This playlist will probably be the playlist of this month, although it's already almost over, but hey.

I am so afraid of the future, I am afraid of wasting my life and looking back and feeling like I did exactly nothing.

A part of why I was so sad was probably also because Teen movies gave me an unrealistic expectation of what “living the teenage lifestyle” is, or at least should be.

There is a scene  in “the perks of being a wallflower”, that I’d like to share. I cry every time at the end of that movie (as you can probably guess, I cry quite easily lol)

I had to think about this scene that day, and also that one scene in Ladybird, where she buys all the things that you are allowed to buy when you're over 18. I did walk in a small shop, that sold cigarettes and magazines but I was too shy to buy a NSFW magazine and cigarettes, the guy that works there asked me about two times if I needed something, so I walked out and bought a Monster (for the first time in my life, yeah, I am not into energy drinks at all, but I saw so many girls have them in their room as decoration, I just had to)

I also listened to the Mamma Mia soundtrack that day. When I was 14, I was obsessed with the movies, and the music. It felt like yesterday.

I don't feel different then I did when I was 17. I just feel ... lost

Love,

Pluto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

being sad about the passing of a celebrity - and why it is okay

 (Yes this is about SOPHIE) First off, it is okay and valid to feel sad about a person you didn't personally know dying.  In a way you had a relationship with them, you "knew" them for years, maybe even decades and you feel as though you grew with them and you changed with them. This parasocial relationship was one sided of course, but it often doesn't feel like it. I find that, especially with musicians, because they put so much (or seemingly so much) of their own personality into their music, we feel as though they are speaking directly to us. For me, and probably many people out there, music and specific songs are connected to so many memories. I saw rumours about her passing on Twitter first thing in the morning and it was like someone kicked me in the stomach. It hurt. I still can't listen to "it's okay to cry" without actually crying (thanks for telling me that it's okay <3) or at least feeling this deep sadness and I'm no

How to put together a great playlist

 If you've watched "High Fidelity" (the movie or the new series), you will probably remember the scenes where Rob talks about the art of making a playlist. This blog post is inspired by that, I've also added my advice and tipps. Here are 10 steps to a great playlist: 1. have a cool theme.  This can be either songs that all contain the same word (like for example "yellow") in their title or just have similar ~vibes~ (I prefer the latter tho, while it's fun to put playlists that contain the same word in the title, I don't find listening to them as interesting as to the ones with a similar musical theme). One example would be to have songs that have a light airy flow to them, or dark depressed songs. Or the most common probably ... love songs. 2. don't use too many songs by the same artist (unless that's your theme as Rob said lol). It showes more creativity (and that you know more bands and artists) if you use different ones and still manage

playlist of the month

 Hey guys,  this is the playlist of the month, hope you enjoy. Btw, "because the internet" is such an amazing album (as are all of childish gambinos albums tbh), couldn't stop listening to it, but didn't want to put all of them on this list haha. Hugs, Pluto